The Shark Whisperer

This is the cover art I made for The Shark Whisperer, book 1 in the Tristan Hunt and the Sea Guardians series written by Ellen Prager and published by Scarletta.
Whenever I create an illustration I'm always thinking on how the final cover will look, what typography the designer will select, if they are going to add any other graphic element apart from the copy. I try to figure out what the Art Director has in mind. This one here was one of those cases where the image was perfectly complemented by the graphic elements and type around it. The designer took advantage of the color palette I worked with for the image and applied it to the new elements. The elaborate calligraphy gives a sense of adventure and the circle in the middle evokes a ship's porthole or a periscope view. Love it! 

Comments